Thursday 17 March 2011

fisheye lens photos

got the lens about two weeks ago, been taking some photos...
... just over 200, nearly a gigs worth, need a new external hard drive soon.






 Just after I took this one in the station a member of the rail staff told me I'm not allowed to take photos in the station without their consent, that must be crap right? She said "You cant do that" and I should have said "You're wrong, I can't undo it. It happened so I definitely can." hindsight. She asked if I was taking pictures of anything dodgy and I wanted to ask what dodgy things they were keeping in a public train station adjacent to a massive shopping center. Now I just want to do a little video of that, maybe I will.

3 comments:

  1. If they have signs asking you not to use photographic equipment then they are within their rights to ask you not to take images and/or to delete images you have taken. If they do not have signs and it's a public space they can ask you not to take images but they would find it difficult to enforce if they have not displayed signs. Best not to wind folk up unnecessarily though.
    http://www.urban75.org/photos/photographers-rights-and-the-law.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers, i hadn't seen any 'no photography signs' so i think i should be ok. thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  3. just read also that taking photos of cctv cameras isnt allowed, that makes no sense at all. if the rule makes sense no hassle, if they make the rules for the sake of rules then that's different. why can they watch us but we can't stare back?

    ReplyDelete